Thursday, June 19, 2008

My new "do"

So I decided to cut my hair. Sarah told me that all haircut decisions had to be blogged. Actually, I decided about the same time I sat down in Mykel's chair to get it cut. I like the way it turned out- after she was done I said "I didn't realize how much I liked my friend's hair until I asked you to cut mine the same way." It reminded me of my friend Kristi's style. I am still getting used to the difference (12 inches cut)- not being able to put it into a ponytail was kind of hard when we went camping last weekend. I'll have to get some cute headbands or clips or something.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Is your hair going to locks of love?

Cydnee said...

Does Scott feel like he has a new wife (just recalling his reaction to your dark hairdo ;) WAY CUTE, SCORE!

Christina said...

Wow, you are daring! Ha ha. It is way cute. I love it. This is the shortest ever, right? I remember the Thanksgiving in Texas when we all were listing the things that we were grateful for and Scott used his ONE thing to tell that he was grateful for your long hair.

Sarah said...

so cute! are you liking it or still getting used to it? it is such a big change, it looks great!!

Amber Bonner said...

I think it is super cute. Yay for short hair in the summer!

Courtney said...

My hair is going to Locks of Love or Beautiful Lengths. I haven't decided yet. One donates to kids, the other to adults. This IS the shortest I can remember having it- but I think I might want even a little shorter the next time I go in. Scott is being great about it- I am unsure if it is supportive- or just patient. I will probably go back to long someday, but for now- I AM like a new woman. One neighbor said "Welcome to the now" Another said "Oh, so you got the mom with little kids haircut."

Jamie said...

Super cute! I also recently chopped my hair and even though I told the girl to please leave it long enough for a ponytail, it ended up too short to pull up which is a PAIN. I guess for me it's a good thing because I ALWAYS had my hair in a ponytail because I hate wasting precious time doing my hair :)

Amber said...

Very cute, short hair is always a fun change.

Adri said...

Love the new haircut. You will love it short for summer. I think it's way cute.

Amy said...

Courtney -- seriously cute hair! It is so NOT an "I have little kids haircut." That woman didn't know what she was talking about. Way to go donating your hair. I cut 12-inches off mine when I was in China and donated it. Now, I think I'll never have it long again. Too hot!