My friend Breanna shared some of this granola with me and I have been hooked ever since. I never made granola before this recipe, but now I am seriously obsessed.
Whole Lotta Nuts Granola
3 c. old fashioned rolled oats
½ c. slivered almonds
½ c. flaked coconut
¼ c. hulled green pumpkin seeds
¼ c. sunflower seeds or pine nuts (I’ve only used sunflower seeds)
½ c. chopped pecans or walnuts (I do ½ c. of each)
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. salt
4 T. butter
1/3 c. honey (I’ve also used agave nectar)
½ t. vanilla
½ c. raisins or chopped dates (I’ve only used raisins)
½ c. dried cranberries or blueberries (I’ve never used them)
Preheat oven to 325
In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients through salt. In a small saucepan, melt butter and honey over low heat, stirring. Add vanilla and pour butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
Spread the granola in a thin layer on a baking sheet with sides. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from sticking and to brown evenly. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned (Do not overcook, granola will crisp while cooling) Cool granola on the pan and stir in dried fruit. May be kept for a week at room temp. in an airtight container.
3 c. old fashioned rolled oats
½ c. slivered almonds
½ c. flaked coconut
¼ c. hulled green pumpkin seeds
¼ c. sunflower seeds or pine nuts (I’ve only used sunflower seeds)
½ c. chopped pecans or walnuts (I do ½ c. of each)
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. salt
4 T. butter
1/3 c. honey (I’ve also used agave nectar)
½ t. vanilla
½ c. raisins or chopped dates (I’ve only used raisins)
½ c. dried cranberries or blueberries (I’ve never used them)
Preheat oven to 325
In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients through salt. In a small saucepan, melt butter and honey over low heat, stirring. Add vanilla and pour butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
Spread the granola in a thin layer on a baking sheet with sides. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from sticking and to brown evenly. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned (Do not overcook, granola will crisp while cooling) Cool granola on the pan and stir in dried fruit. May be kept for a week at room temp. in an airtight container.
This is my favorite craving lately. I can't make enough. I eat it all day long and 1 batch never seems to be enough. I love to put some over plain yogurt with cut up strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. Drizzle a little honey on top- yummy!

1 comment:
I LOVE granola. I will give this one a try for sure. And thanksf or the cd. Love it. And very thoughtful. I appreciate it.
Post a Comment