We went to Cancun September 15-19th as the grand prize from our 24-hour race back in May. You can read all about the race in my blog entry from June http://our-charmed-life.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-win-trip-for-4-to-cancun.html . Before we left we were so worried about what the weather would be like while we were there. Hurricane Ike had just passed through the gulf and the forecast was for rain almost everyday. It turned out we didn't need stormpulse.com. It only rained one day- so we decided to go into the jungle that day and snorkel through some underground caves. While we were riding through the jungle in an open air "buggy" and getting soaked, we realized how fun it was to be on vacation with the Strausses. Even though it was raining, we all were having a great time and laughing. The rest of the week was perfect- we had sun and clear skies to snorkel, see some ruins, hang out at our resort, and visit Isle Mujeres. There were so many highlights that it is hard to choose what our favorite part was. We definitely loved being together with no kids to worry about. By the 5th day we missed them and were ready to go home or at least have them shipped to us so we could all play on the beach together. A big thanks to grandma Susan, grandpa Ron, aunt Kim, and Kylie. We didn't worry because we knew they were so well taken care of and probably having as much fun as we were. I think I know why people call vacations like this a "second honeymoon". . . Because usually our vacation pictures have mostly kids in them. This time all of our pictures are just of the two of us. They remind me of the pictures from our honeymoon.
Spring Break Quarantine Style
6 years ago

7 comments:
looks like you guys had a blast. when we went to cancun 2 years ago it was the first time i'd ever left grace in my life and i broke down. knowing they're in good hands totally helps, and we had a great time. we also went with friends and did the whole ruins thing (we made the hubbies get up at 5 am to go to chichenitza, they hated us!) and isla mujeres... so fun! we'll catch up tomorrow!
We went to Cancun in February. Loved it. I want to go back. I am so glad that you won that trip.
Awesome second honeymoon!! I also think the fact that it was free would make it even more fabulous.
I told you I would check when I got home. This looks like a blast. Hooray for pictures of you! Now you know you will remember what you looked like in your thirties... a babe! Free stuff is awesome.
It's so great to get away without kids and the best part is you did it for FREE!!! LUCKY!!! The pictures are really cute. I did get to see your little one in person when Kim brought her to Kylie's dance class. What a cutie.
I am truly jealous! I've always wanted to go to Cancun, but haven't made it yet. My company just bought a company that does Mexican Villa Rentals so we might get to go to Puerta Vallarta next year, but probably not for free :) Anyway, sounds like you had lots of fun.
What a fun trip...and here's your compliment of the day...when you said it reminded you of your honeymoon I wasn't sure if some of those pictures were from this trip or your trip to Hawaii nine years ago...but the Mexican flag clued me in. FUN, FUN!
Post a Comment